In honor of National Margarita Day, I set out to find the top margaritas in town. As I drove around San Antonio and the surrounding areas previewing homes and showing properties, I did major margarita research. Ok…I simply asked my friends on Facebook to weigh in on their favorite Margaritas. But more importantly, I began to reflect and remember all of the colorful margaritas shared over the years with clients, coworkers, colleagues, family, and friends…and I remembered the closings, celebrations, and good times in the quaint corners of or city. I realized that I don’t just LOVE margaritas. I LOVE margaritas IN San Antonio:
- In the Downtown area, treat yourself to a fruit-infused margarita at The Fruteria in Southtown. Another “must-try” is the prickly pear concoction at King William’s Rosario’s and Boudro’s Texas Bistro on the Riverwalk.
- In the Pearl Brewery area, choose a Mangonada Margarita at La Gloria. Just a short walk from La Gloria, try a La Babia Margarita at Sternewirth in the romantic, dramatic Hotel Emma.
- Head up Broadway to the Northside for a handcrafted Chispa Margarita at the Calvillo family’s El Mirasol or Soluna. You will never forget the fresh simplicity of the Chispa. If you’re in the central part of the city, have one (only one) margarita at La Forgetcha, I mean, La Fogata.
- When you’re In San Antonio, you have to indulge in the salty-sour flavor of the Chamoyrita. It’s worth the drive to El Chapparal in Helotes or to your nearest Las Palapas (locations all around the city). Pucker up!
- For a flight of inspiring margaritas at The Rim, or out West on Highway 151, Tiago’s is the place to relax and enjoy a refreshing happy-hour beverage.
All of this margarita talk has gotten me thirsty. In fact, I’m headed to Tiago’s to meet my fellow REALTORS from the Phyllis Browning Company. Time to celebrate National Margarita Day! Be inspired to get out there and enjoy the charming culture of San Antonio and our margaritas.
About the Blogger: Leah D. Flores is part of the Marisa Jackson Team with the Phyllis Browning Co., ready to help you with all of your real estate needs—selling, buying, and investment. She earned a BBA from Baylor University and is a licensed REALTOR. She is also a member of NAR, TAR, and SABOR Real Estate Associations. The Marisa Jackson Team is a Real Estate Platinum Top 50 finalist.